this is not to sound egotistical at all…but i was telling someone about my parents, and my dad’s parents experience in germany, and i realized that to some people i have quite a fascinating history…
which brings me to this: Start off with 10 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things/little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose five people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!
1. my dad was born in germany, and his father was drafted into the nazi army. meanwhile my pregnant grandma was fleeing from someone – the nazis or the russians i don’t know – with my toddler aunt. she had to leave my aunt at a relatives house when she went into the hospital with complications. months later she got out of the hospital with my newborn aunt and found that the town had been half taken over by russians. the russians wouldn’t let her into the other part of the city to get my aunt for months. finally they let her, she went to the relatives house, and they had given my aunt to an orphanage because they couldn’t afford her. so my grandma had to get her from the orphanage and my aunt didn’t even remember who she was.
2. i enjoy the smell of crayons
3. as a very young child i drew gigantic eyelashes on everyone i drew
4. my favourite songs as a child were falco’s “rock me amadeus” and phil collins “easy lover”
5. i am disturbed by the way food looks so i try not to look at it while i eat or i’ll barf. especially when its an animal product.
6. like adr2, Can’t keep nail polish on for more than a few hours before i start picking it off. it makes me feel claustrophobic
7. i have 2 stumpy toes on one foot because i broke them in college, and apparently, they healed wrong
8. i tried to make myself fall asleep last night by singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall in my head
9. i absolutely cannot stand whistling or people who whistle. it is possibly the most irritating thing ever, it pierces my brain until i can’t function.
10. my last cat, ziggy stardust, hated whistling too. if you started whistling he’d run up and try to attack your face.