in neuropsych today we were talking about epilepsy and seizure disorders. we started talking about epileptic monkeys…hah so that made me start almost LOLing in class because i started thinking about bono trying to out scream the epileptic monkey in Adam’s diary. i’m like, stop it, you’re smiling in class. but then i started smiling because of the fact i was thinking about bono out screaming the monkey. lol…it was this giant circle and i couldn’t stop. dr. ballard probably thinks something is wrong with me LOL
i’m so hungry. i just ate a sandwich and i’m still starving.
but i have a new web project. other than redesigning pc.com i’m working with 2 other girls on a top secret stealth site. hah. dunno what we’re doing yet, dunno if it’s going to end up on pc.com or not. we’re still in the discussion phase. i really wanna redesign pc.com tho, so i might do that tonight since i am no way doing work.
“it’s weird – there’s all this new respect for our government now,” says Brett Zongker, a 20-year old American University student from Hutchinson Kansas. “It’s just everywhere – this sort of patriotism – where it wasn’t before. And the reason is that we were attacked. Our nation was attacked.”
woah man…that’s some profound shit…
grow a brain
get over it.
OMG I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW. PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID!
“our polling of our audience matches the rest of the country,” said MTVs executive vice president Dave Sirulnick, a month after the attacks. “seventy five percent support the air strikes.”
THATS BECAUSE ADOLESCENTS ARE MORONS. AND JUST BECAUSE THEY GROW UP INTO ADULT CITIZENS DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE ANY LESS MORONIC! THE ONLY REASON 75% OF THE PUBLIC SUPPORT THE AIR STRIKES ARE BECAUSE THEY DONT USE THEIR BRAINS! THEY ACCEPT EVERY FUCKING LITTLE PIECE OF PROPAGANDA THAT IS SHOVED IN THEIR FACES BY THE MEDIA AND GOVERNMENT. WHAT THE FUCK!
“they found that 18-29 year olds were the most supportive of military action,” dimdock says.
THATS BECAUSE 30+ YEAR OLDS USE THEIR BRAINS!…ok maybe not. but any one older, who lived through WW2, korean war, vietnam etc….the cold war, all of that..u know, history?….they can see things that younger people can’t. they have a bit more perspective on all of this, i think. what the fuck do we have? the gulf war..? what a fucking joke.
i’m un-American…Dubya said so. i need to make an icon saying that…maybe a flag with a big red no sign over it…i’m sorry if i have an opinion that is not based on the stupid political rhetoric that has been thrown around mindlessly since sept 11th. ha i used my own brain, what was i thinking?!
i want to put a disclaimer onto everything i just said. it’s one thing if you have logically thought about what has happened since sept 11th and come to the conclusion that you are “pro-war” or whatever…..it’s another thing to blindly be “pro-war” because you’ve accepted everything that you’ve been spoon fed by the media and government. just because you’re “pro-war” does not mean you’re stupid by any means. i just have no tolerance for those who don’t use their brain. what pissed me off about that last article regarding public opinion and what not, is that 99.9% of the 75% who are “pro-war” have not thought about anything. there, i’m done. good fucking night.
wow this article is pissing me off….an article about “nu metal” and how ….i dunno….”great” it is?…i’m not sure the point of the article yet, all i know is that it’s pissing me off. i’m sorry but bands like papa roach, disturbed, linkin park…they can hardly be considered serious introspective bands.
1. sorry David Drainman (disturbed) but i really doubt adults are turning to your music to find sources of inspiration and motivation….you’re a bit misled with that comment.
2. i’m sorry but teen suicide is not a middle american fact of life. it just isn’t.
3. “there was a huge amount of rap-rock over the past couple of years,” says fred jacobs a detroit based radio consultant who helped pioneer the “alternative” format, “a change back to a more introspective sound was just a logical reaction.” -…..sorry if i missed something, but bands like slipknot and mudvayne etc are INTROSPECTIVE?! if you want fucking introspective throw on a NIN record, listen to “the fragile”, now THAT is fucking introspective…throw on ANYTHING that isn’t being played on the radio (with the exception of staind…i guess they’re introspective)….
4. haha this is great, didn’t realize these were the words to this song. “On “click click boom” from the gold album Every Six Seconds, Saliva dis their peers: “what the hell is wrong with me?/My mom and dad weren’t perfect/But still you don’t hear no cryin’-ass-bitchin’ from me/ like there seems to be on everybody’s CD”
5. “slipknot, actual children of the corn representing Des Moines, who sometimes seem like a moronic gimmick” – yep.
6. describing slipknots new album as “fight club-in-hell bonding rituals”… ok no way does Fight Club and Slipknot deserve to be in the same sentence. no fucking way.
7. 39 million people in the US not having health insurance (and me soon to be one of them)….what the hell does that have to do with Coby Dick? ….”that DIY psychotherapy is one of nu metal’s most powerful aspects, as if in a country where 39 million people don’t have health insurance, kids have to improvise their own treatment.”…..yep, not sure what that has to do with Coby Dick …what an appropriate name he has…
8. tell me how this is a good thing…..”elsewhere, you get platinum-selling-rap-rock psychos Drowning Pool, who turn a disco chant “let the bodies hit the floor” into an anthem Dylan Klebold might’ve gotten down to.”…. TELL ME HOW THAT’S A GOOD THING, SOMEONE, PLEASE!!! I’M BEGGING YOU!!!!
9. “then there’s aaron lewis, the James Taylor of Ritalin America.” ok now that’s just funny hahahahahahaha
10. re: staind “matching tool/deftones art-metal with “king of pain” style verse…” um no. staind vs tool? um no contest (sorry eric) staind is NOT art metal
11. “on sept 11th the so-called untroubled generation got a wicked wake-up call, and, for a while, the pains of Staind of Slipkot seemed pretty small-time”….by george your right!
12. “but your average drowning pool fan is still more likely to get shot on his way to school than he is to ever set food in afghanistan” – wrong…so maybe this drowning pool fan will never go to afghanistan, but it’s very HIGHLY unlikely he’ll ever get shot. sorry to burst your over inflated bubble regarding the crime rate, it’s just wrong.
13. this is possibly the worst article i’ve ever read.
jesus christ do i hate all the new music that is out there right now….trent, please, come save us.